While Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order is in effect, the RJRE office is closed, but we are still hard at work, shepherding transactions, preparing CMAs (comparative marketing analyses), consulting with clients on the phone and carrying out other activities.
Since issuing the initial order, the governor’s office has provided additional guidance that has modifications for the real estate industry. Here are four key items:
- In-person activities must be by appointment and carried out with a distance of at least six feet as per the CDC social distancing guidelines;
- Home showings are limited to one agent and one client at a time;
- Agents may visit homes that are pending for inspections and appraisals; and
- Agents may provide keys to buyers when a transaction closes.
Among the activities not permitted:
- Professional photography of homes (agents can take photographs);
- Installation of standard for sale signs (agents can put up temporary signs); and
- Staging/removing of staging
A more detailed list and FAQ has also been issued by the NWMLS. It should be noted that these rules apply to residential homes; showings are not allowed for commercial properties.
Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home” order is in effect until April 8th but may be extended. Rest assured that we continue to move transactions forward.
If you want an analysis of your home’s value or want to discuss real estate, please reach out.
And please keep washing those hands and stay safe and healthy!